Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome to February

It's February! That means it's almost my birthday! I love birthdays (one of my favorite things, remember?)! I don't know why. Probably because my family always made it special growing up. Spending my first birthday away from home in college was almost as traumatic as spending my first Thanksgiving away from home. Who was going to make me breakfast in bed? Make my bed? Take me to lunch? Make me a cake? Take me to dinner? Make me feel like a princess all day?

Lucky for me, I have awesome friends who take it upon themselves to make my birthdays special and they are pretty good at it.

* * *

While I'm on the subject, here is my unabashed list of birthday wishes:
  • Permission to travel to Europe next summer
  • Mat Kearny's "City of Black and White" CD
  • Corinne Bailey Rae's "The Sea" CD
  • Snickers Cake
  • Strawberry crepes
  • Permission to travel to Europe next summer
  • A routine maintenance checkup for my car
  • Seasons 1 and 2 of "This American Life" TV series
  • World peace
That's not too much to ask, is it?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...