Monday, February 22, 2010

The Birthday Girl

It happened yet again.  And it was awesome!  Did I say my friends pull through, or did I say my friends pull through?  It all started with breakfast in bed--waffles from scratch, scrambled eggs, orange juice-- all prepared by my wonderful roommate Jackie and presented by all the roomies singing Happy Birthday.  I'd post the picture, but I make a point of never posting unflattering pictures of myself.

I skipped my morning exercise classes (one was canceled anyway) and went to the Provo Temple instead because I haven't been able to attend all semester due to my school/work schedule.  Back at home I took my time getting beautiful for the day (because you have to look beautiful on your birthday) and got a knock at the door from a delivery man who delivered a dozen beautiful roses from my parents!

I finally went to work and class.  I got lots of calls and messages all day from people who love me.  I was a little upset that my brother Danny didn't call me all day.... and then he surprised me and showed up with my friend Eric!  The boys and Eric's girlfriend Aura Maria took me out to Sammy's, a local burger joint. for my birthday dinner.  It was delicious!  Who needs cake when you can eat a pie shake?  This place literally takes a piece of homemade pie and sticks it in a blender with ice cream.  It's brilliant.  After dinner I returned home in time to be invited with some other people over for hot chocolate at one of the houses in my ward.  Word spread that it was my birthday and I got a special mixture of Orange Cream Hot Chocolate in the coveted Lord of the Rings mug and everyone sang Happy Birthday before I blew on the chocolate to cool it off as there were no candles handy.


Birthday hoopla didn't end there!  The next evening I went out with more of my favorite people ever:  Diane and Janae, my old Nauvoo roommates.  We went and redeemed food coupons I received for my birthday!  We hit up Baskin Robbins and Coldstone Creamery.  Janae had to leave after that, so only Diane and I made it to Red Robin for my free burger.

The festivities didn't end there either!  The next weekend my parents came to SLC for the Utah Dental Convention and they brought presents and took me out to dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  Spoiled?  Yep.
 
For good measure we wound the weekend up with dinner at Los Hermanos with the aunts and uncles on Saturday where my cousin John was our server for the night.  Mom declared my birthday celebrations over.  However, I just received my Tucanos coupon in the mail for a free meal this month for my birthday, so I'll have to make room for at least one more party.... <|:-)
Yay for birthdays!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...