Friday, January 25, 2008

Shopping Spree

... If you consider getting a sweatshirt, bag, and a pair of gloves a "spree". Thursday was a free day so lots of people went shopping to get things that they needed for Egypt. We don't get a 2 day weekend like the rest of humanity (we only get off Shabbat, or Saturday), so sometimes we get a random free day in the middle of the week to make up for it if we don't have a field trip that week. Today I went to the West City, the Jewish part, because that is the only place we are allowed before 3pm on Fridays. We wandered around the open market and I ate a lot of wonderful things including strawberries and fresh pita bread. I LOVE the pita bread. The pitas here make the pitas in the states taste like paper. I'm kinda obsessed. I eat pitas with at every meal.

We leave for Egypt this Sunday! We will drive down into Sinai and stay in a kibbutz the first night, then cross over into Egypt where we will be for a week. Everyone is so unbelievably excited!!! I won't be able to access internet while I'm gone, so y'all can fill up by inbox with nice things for me to read when I come back :-). I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures to make you all jealous.

1 comment:

Poolegs said...

I missed not hearing from you for a whole week! That has never happened before! Glad you are back and had a great wonderful time

Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...