Saturday, January 5, 2008

And thus ends life as I know it...

The last week has been spent doing last purchases, gathering all the stuff I need to take with me, and weeding out the stuff I really don't need to take with me. I've done a pretty good job if I may say so myself. Last Friday was kinda weird because I suddenly realized it was my last day to drive my car, sleep in my bed, wear whatever shoes I want, wear whatever coat I want, send mail cheaply and quickly. Saturday is my last day to see my house as I know it and how I will always remember it in my childhood because by the time I come back, it will be torn up and in the midst of a remodel. But change is good because it makes way for even better things.

Tomorrow is our pre-departure orientation meeting with the whole group. I'll start meeting all the people I'll be spending the next 4 months with. That is kinda weird: to know that you are about to meet the people that are about to become your best friends. It's almost like knowing you are about to win the lottery, but instead of cash you're getting Life. We all fly out very early Tuesday morning from Salt Lake City for Tel-Aviv where we will take buses to our new home: the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...