Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Nesting

In case you didn't read to the bottom of the last post, I'm pregnant. Surprise!

In a strictly medical sense, this pregnancy has been very much like the first one. From a personal management perspective, it's been way better. I'm a stay-at-home-mom this time around with the time and space to take care of myself better and it has made a big difference in my emotional, mental, and physical health. In retrospect, I can see I was a mess last time, always stressed out from work and always forgetting to eat and drink water through the day.

One interesting byproduct of improved health this time around is I'm getting nesting urges. This never happened last time, so it was a little weird at first and I'm almost self-conscious about it. There hasn't been a ton for me to prepare for the baby, so the nesting has resulted in a variety of other projects, often baby-related projects for family and friends.

Behold a sampling:
Baby clothes explosion! We were given a ton of clothes for which I am so grateful. It took me a week to sort and organize everything but we're set now for the next 18 months!

I've probably made 150 reusable nursing pads in the last year for friends having babies. Just say no to the disposables, people.

She likes to wear an apron whenever I do. After multiple attempts making a full size apron fit her, I remembered I had a child's apron pattern handy so I whipped this apron out one afternoon.

I'm going one-hour fabric basket crazy! I've made like 5 in the last month. They are the perfect size for a bathroom caddy or a diaper station organizer. Also pictured are towel bibs I made as part of these baby shower gift baskets for first time mom friends.

Every little baby needs a special occasion outfit. I crocheted this for baby's blessing day. Cardigan buttons not shown but added later. I've never crocheted anything more complicated than a fancy wash cloth so I am quite impressed with myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...