Friday, December 3, 2010

The Thanksgiving Report

I write this because a lot of people seem to want to know what I did for Thanksgiving.  I stayed in Colorado.  Luke & Co went to Salt Lake City to spend the holiday with Janna's relations. They left on Monday and returned home the following Sunday so I had the whole house to myself all week.  I was never lonely though because I have excellent friends who made sure I was taken care of. 

I worked Monday through Wednesday, and those three days were full of catching up and late evenings at the office.  I shudder to think of the state of my mind (and office) if I had made plans to be gone for the hoilday. We added new locations half way through the month and the startup work put me behind in everything else, including time-sensitive tasks.  I'm happy to report I did catch up and all is well and back on schedule.

For the holiday itself I had multiple invitations for dinner, but alas I could not make all of them.  I did go to Marylou's for early dinner and Emily's for late dinner.  You 'aint never had second dinner till you've had a Thanksgiving second dinner.  It was delicious.  The company was also excellent.  Both families took treat me like their own. 

This isn't my first Thanksgiving away from family.  My first semester of college was spent in Nauvoo.  Travelling anywhere was a prevatitively laborious task, so I stayed in Illinois with most of the student body and we celebrated together.  That time was a lot harder, being the first time away.  This time wasn't so bad.  I called the family in the morning and talked for a long time. 

The rest of the week was mostly pleasant.  Saturday revolved around the BYU-UT game, the result of which lowered my spirits the remainder of the day.  Everyone arrived home on Sunday evening safely and soundly despite the wild weather all across the Rockies.  We weren't touched by the storm in this area.  It was sunny and lovely all week.  Today reached 66 degrees downtown.  Happy early Christmas Denver!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Oh man- -memories of Thanksgiving in Nauvoo! Good times =0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...