Thursday, March 4, 2010

Notes

Sorry about the tirade last post.  It never lasts long.  I was over it by that evening when I rebounded with a free meal at my favorite restaurant Tucanos.  (If you join their birthday club you get a free meal during the month of your birthday.)  It was my last official birthday acknowledgement.  The friends I went with made sure I got sung to and my free dessert and everything.  And then I went to the BYU vs UT game in SLC last night and we dominated.  Everything's good.

Especially today.  I'm a member of the BYU 15th Stake and tonight all the women were able to attend a special Relief Society meeting with Sister Julie Beck, LDS General Relief Society President.  I don't know who pulled the right strings because she doesn't often do this kind of thing locally, but I'm glad she made us an exception.  She gave a few introductory remarks, then opened it up for questions from those in attendance.  I really respect Sis. Beck.  I always feel invested with confidence after listening to her.  She never apologizes for teaching truth.  I took extensive notes, but here are some of her main points and other favorite tidbits.

  • If you don't have faith to succeed, you'll act in ways that will prevent success.  If you go forward with faith, you will make things happen for yourself because God will feed your faith and reward your righteous desires.
  • Making covenants doesn't insure success.  Keeping them does.
  • Never measure yourself against anything but your relationship with Christ.  If you're square with him, you're a success.
  • It's not worth it to mess around with our identity.
  • The number of dates we go on isn't a measure of the steps we are taking towards motherhood.
  • Always choose the choice that will take you toward eternal life.
Of course, no RS meeting is complete without a bookmark handout and a treat.  I wish every meeting concluded with Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Sticks!

1 comment:

Sarah Osborne said...

Sadie! I love your blog...I'm just now discovering that a lot of Jeru ppl have them! Ours is kandsosborne.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...