Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tonsils

Wow, I've already posted 40 times. That's a lot. The tonsils are gone. It all went smoothly or so I was told because I only remember half of the morning. I have had no bleeding at all and my pain has been manageable. I had lots of people tell me how bad it would be since I'm "old" but I am happy to report they have been mostly wrong. I had it done Wednesday and today is Sunday and the first day I have felt really kind of sick. The first few days are usually fine, but as the nerves in the throat grow back it gets more painful and the pain reaches up to the ears; I am at that stage. I think it's giving me a little fever; I'm nauseous and a little dizzy. I'm taking liquid Lortab for pain and it takes the edge off so I can swallow ok, but I think that is what is making me feel woozy now even though it didn't earlier. It's painful to talk today too when it wasn't before. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for my follow-up and will go back to work on Thursday. The family all left me this weekend to fend for myself. Danny went to a wedding out of town and the rest went on a spur-of-the-moment fishing/camping trip to the Big Hole in Montana. I hung out at Grandpa's on Friday and stayed by myself at home the rest of the time. Luckily I felt good during that time and wasn't sick till today. Everyone is back home tonight. It has turned blasted hot this weekend. I'm sure glad I live in the basement where it stays cool. I just feel bad that the upstairs was so hot when everyone came home!

1 comment:

Brynne said...

Hopefully you are feeling better and back to normal by now! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...