Saturday, November 28, 2009

Insomnia Part Deux

I'm not sure why I've had so much trouble sleeping lately. I haven't taken cold medicine for nearly a week. Still, I go to bed and sometimes it's hours before I finally drift off into sound sleep after tossing and turning in a partial-doze. Tonight was par for the course, but instead of eventually achieving unconsciousness, the opposite happened. It's doesn't help that I developed a pinched nerve in my neck at some point yesterday so most positions are painful. Lame. I'm supposed to get up in 3 hours and fly back to Utah in 6 hours, conveniently in time for my last BYU v. Utah game of my undergraduate career. So much for getting unfinished homework done on the plane. Hopefully I can catch a nap. The up side of insomnia is a unusually prolific week of blog posting!

It's been a good week at home. On Wednesday my cousin Spike came home from his LDS mission to Manaus, Brazil. He's the one with the balloons. The local news station captured his entrance. You can watch it here. Our family is at about 0:50. The family is celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday once all his siblings come to town for his homecoming/his brother Dusty's baby blessing this Sunday. Danny and I will miss both Saturday and Sunday's events but we got our tickets before we knew about what was going on. It'll be like Thanksgiving in the old days with 50+ people crammed into Grandma's house, except now there are too many for a house so they're having the dinner at the church. Oh well.

Thanksgiving Day was a (relatively) small affair this year. We had dinner at home with my parents, the 6 kids in this area plus Sarah's family, Gpa Lee and Helen, my cousin Briettney and her little family, my mom's sister Penny and her husband Ben here from Utah, and Gma Blackburn who traveled up with Danny and I. Spike came over too, and then his sister Cassie and Aunt Jean stopped by on their way home from the airport so Cassie could see Spike. It had the flavor (or rather flavors, literally) of past Thanksgivings, but definitely on a smaller scale.

I went down to the holiday parade and fireworks last night with Benji and Sam, meeting up with my friend Whitney. She goes to school in Portland and has only 7 days left and she's graduated! Lucky girl. Whit is associated with my favorite high school memories, and she's the only friend from high school I regularly keep in touch with. We always make time for each other when we're in town.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...