Sunday, April 20, 2008

Coming down the homestretch...

Classes and finals are done! I am getting excited to come home. I know I'll miss all my friends here a lot, but I'm ready to come back. I'm worn out! We've had several field trips this last week. We did a tour of some archaeological sites that date back to the first century AD and we toured a lot of the old Christian churches. We had one ancient near east final last Thursday, and we had out New Testament final this morning. I think I did well on both, so that is satisfying.

The next two days we walk the places Jesus during the last week of his life. Should be really cool and a fitting end to our semester. Wednesday will be our last full free day and then we fly out early on Thursday. Coming up quickly! It has been a good semester and I am satisfied.

Today I walked around the Old City and finished my shopping. The Old City is my favorite part of Jerusalem and I'll miss walking around, seeing all the vendors, visiting our favorite shop keepers and haggling for cool stuff. It has been so warm and every day is beautiful. The rainy season is most definitely over and it's sunshine all the time. I checked the weather at home today. 32 degrees, feels like 24. BRRRR!!! Here I am ready for summer and I'm going to have to go through spring all over again! So much for my base tan..... ha!

I added a new picture album-- Jerusalem: the End...ing Part.

1 comment:

Liz Jensen said...

Hi Sadie,
For some reason I can't view your last photo album. It pulls up a weird link (not Facebook) and asks for an administrator username and password. Any idea why things aren't working? I've never had this problem before.

And thanks again for sharing all your amazing experiences and pictures. I have loved seeing Israel and the surrounding areas through your eyes!

I hope you can enjoy being home again and that you will survive the drastic change in temperature :)
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...