Awesome thing #1: We found a great deal on it and the store was out of stock so they let us buy the floor sample. (Husband didn't think stores did that and was embarrassed when I asked, and this is the second time it's worked. The first time involved a lamp.)
Awesome thing #2: I had a hunch if I hoarded items throughout my single life they'd come in handy as a married person and I was right. Good thing I remembered on my wedding day to grab the tree skirt that's been chillin' in my cedar chest since I was 14.
Awesome thing(s) #3: Our tree is multi-cultural. Ornaments include:
- miniature disco balls from Taiwan purchased when I went there for my brother's wedding
- olive wood cut outs from Jerusalem from my semester in Israel
- a couple of do-dads from China given to me by a friend who made a trip last year
- a felted boot from Steamboat Springs picked up during our honeymoon
- a Tiffany-esque stained glass harp from my trip to Ireland
- old fashioned home-made paper decorations made with love here in the US of A.
Awesome thing #4: It's ours.
|Those are totally homemade stockings on the wall. Crafty wife FTW.|